We all love egg salad, and putting it on a sandwich just makes it taste better. We use mayonnaise, celery, fresh herbs, and, of course, hard-boiled eggs in a standard egg salad recipe. But if you add one more thing to this standard recipe, it will taste even better.
The avocado is that element. Egg salad gets a new twist when avocado is added. When you add a bit of smooth avocado to the mix, everything changes. Because it is naturally smooth, avocado can be used in place of mayonnaise in egg salad. It will also give the salad a different taste.
So, if you haven’t tried Avocado Egg Salad Recipes yet, this article will tell you about some good ones. You can then make it whenever you want.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipes
1) Fast & Easy Egg Salad Recipe
Time: 20 Minutes (Prep- 5 Minutes, Cooking- 15 Minutes)
- 1 pitted and peeled medium Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs hard-boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 celery stalk of average length, finely chopped (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon of minced chives, parsley, or dill
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Mash the avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Mix well after adding the eggs, celery, and onions.
- Salt and pepper can be added to taste.
- Avocado egg salad with avocado should be spread on two slices of whole wheat bread.
- Avocado egg salad goes well with bread, veggies, wraps, and even a bed of greens.
2) No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 large hard, boiled eggs
- 1 to 2 Avocados, peeled & pitted
- 3 Tbsp of a good quality plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup each parsley and dill
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get the eggs ready to boil hard: Put three hard-boiled eggs that have been peeled and roughly chopped into a bowl.
- Into the bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, and three tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- Mix in chopped celery, shallots, and one-third cup of chopped parsley and dill.
- After adding some extra virgin olive oil, mix the ingredients with a spoon or fork.
- Be careful not to mash the avocados and eggs too much. It’s important to keep some structure.
How to Serve:
- For a low-carb version, you can serve this avocado egg salad without bread or lettuce wraps.
- But you have to start with good bread if you want to make a great egg salad sandwich for lunch.
- Add some leaves of romaine lettuce, build up the salad, and top it off with more fresh parsley and dill.
3) Sweet & Tangy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped sweet pickles
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- Salt & Black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mash the eggs with a fork to break them up.
- Combine the Avocado, onion, pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Gently mash the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now either eat it just with lettuce wraps or make it taste better by making a sandwich with it.
How to Make the Best Recipes for Avocado Egg Salad:
- Don’t cook your hard-boiled eggs for too long. That green color on your egg yolk is not what you want at all.
- Avocados are supposed to be soft, so when you mix them with other things, the avocado will start to break down. It’s always better if it’s chunkier than if it’s smooth like guacamole.
- Sprinkle onions and parsley on your food to use them in your cooking. You could use cilantro, basil, or even mint.
- Don’t use store-bought mayo. It’s easy to make and tastes much better than before. After making your own, you’ll never buy mayonnaise from the store again.
- If you don’t want to use mayo, you could use sour cream or yogurt instead.
How long can Avocado Egg Salad be kept?
This meal tastes best when it is made right away, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to two days. This isn’t as good as standard egg salad because the avocados will start to go brown after two days.
Here are three different and tasty ways to make avocado egg salad. You can replace the mayonnaise in the recipe with sour cream or yogurt. Also, try making these meals your own.
We hope this article helped and taught you something. Please share your good ideas and thoughts in the comments section.
We appreciate you reading!